Applicants for the Level 1 Diploma should ideally have a minimum of 4 Ds at GCSE and will be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance on to the course. Level 1 must be completed before progressing to the Level 2 Diploma.
The Diploma courses in Painting and Decorating are each one year in duration.
What will I study?
Level 1 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 1
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 1
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 1
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting and Papering
- Applying Paint with Brush and Rollers
- Apply Lining and Plain Papers
- Produce Special Paint Finishes
All students will be expected to work towards completion of a Level 2 English and Maths qualification (as required) alongside this course to enable progression onto the Level 2 Diploma.
Level 2 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction
- Information, Quantities and Communications
- Knowledge of Building Construction
- Wall Papering to Walls and Ceilings
- Spray Painting
How will I be assessed?
Continuous practical assessment with end of year assignments.
What could it lead to?
On completion of the Diplomas students can progress onto an apprenticeship.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2