For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment & willingness to learn
- Ability to succeed
- Outstanding attendance & punctuality
What will I study?
The theory and practice of basic electrical installation skills:
- Working Safely as an Electrician
- Introduction to Wiring Systems (lighting, sockets)
- Electrical Principles including Resistance, Voltage and Amps
- AC and DC Supplies
How will I be assessed?
Continuous assessment in both practical & theory work.
What could it lead to?
On successful completion of this Diploma students can progress on to the next level or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then on to higher level courses in Construction.
- Bricklaying Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2