Why Higher Construction Management?
The Higher Level Apprenticeship in Construction Site Supervision (Construction) – Level 4 has been developed to meet the need of the following sectors, Building and Civil Engineering, Highways and Maintenance Repairs, Residential Development, Conservation, Demolition and Tunnelling, this broad range of occupational areas is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace and demonstrate knowledge and understanding through the technical certificate.
Qualification and Level
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment Level 4.
What will I study?
- Maintaining Sytems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and recommending work methods for carrying our Site Operations in the workplace
- Planning activities and resources to meet work requirements in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising the control of work on the workplace
- Controlling work progress against agreed programmes in the workplace
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
Pathway 1: Building and Civil Engineering
Case study and problem-solving activities allow you to deepen your understanding in a real work environment. You are closely supported and monitored by module leaders and the course team to ensure the required skills are developed.
Students already in appropriate work will use their experience of the workplace to reinforce their learning and to see how theoretical learning can be applied in a practical role.
Course themes across the HNC :
- Individual technology
- Science and materials
- Construction practice and management
- Principles of refurbishment
- Legal and statutory responsibilities in construction
- Construction information (drawing, detailing, specification)
- Surveying, measuring and setting out
New material is introduced through lectures, tutorials and practical sessions. You will also engage with learning materials via the Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) as a means of student support.
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Contracting Operations Apprenticeship Level 3
- Higher Construction Management Apprenticeship Level 4
- Installation Electrician Apprenticeship Level 3
- Joinery Apprenticeship Level 2
- Joinery Apprenticeship Level 3
- Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Plumbing & Heating Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Site Carpentry Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Stonemasonry Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3