The role of the Property Maintenance Operative is to ensure the condition and quality of the building is maintained to a high level. You will develop knowledge and skills in basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating. You will be able to carry out repairs to the fabric of the building, maintain the drainage, plumbing systems and electrical installations (to legal requirements) whilst ensuring high levels of customer service.
Qualifications and End-Point Assessment Information
Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship programme, each apprentice will need to submit:-
- A portfolio of evidence will be completed throughout the length of the course.
- A knowledge assessment will be taken at the end of the programme using multi-choice or short written questions.
- Short research assignment.
- End practical synoptic task.
Method(s) of delivery
Practical and theory sessions, primarily delivered in the workplace, but some college based delivery. If Functional Skills are required, these will be delivered at the College.
Are there any entry criteria?
Set by employers, however Functional Skills at Level 1 must be achieved to progress.
12 month minimum
Technical Specialist, Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management.
Our success rates
81% overall success rate for our Apprenticeship provision, 12% higher than national average
79% overall success rate for our Intermediate Apprenticeship provision, 10% higher than national average
74% overall success rate for our Construction Building Apprenticeship provision, 9.5% higher than national average
York College, graded Outstanding by OFSTED, is ideally placed to support both Apprentices and businesses to successfully engage with and benefit from Apprenticeships.
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Construction Contracting Operations Apprenticeship Level 3
- Installation Electrical Maintenance Apprenticeship Level 3
- Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Plastering Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Plumbing Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Property Maintenance Apprenticeship Level 2
- Stonemasonry Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Wood Occupations Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3