Validated by York St John University
If you wish to study this course full-time you must apply through UCAS. UCAS Code: 4T9B. Institution code Y70.
Click here to view York College’s agreement with the Office for Fair Access (OFFA) and an explanation on how fee income will be used to support students.
Tutors on the Foundation Degree in Children’s Development and Learning will work with you to ensure that you are able to develop the skills and competencies you need to progress in your chosen career. This is
a specialist programme aimed at those working, or seeking to work in roles associated with children aged 0 – 11 years in educational care settings and primary schools.
32 UCAS Tariff points. Applicants who have relevant experience and skills will be considered.
The teaching, learning and assessment methods are designed to enable progress through the programme levels. Group and individual tasks, lectures and workshops will develop your understanding of academic writing and reflective practice at Level 4 and 5 whilst developing your knowledge of learning and development with children aged 0 – 11 years.
- Understanding the wider social and economic environment
- Relating management and organisational theory to practice
- Reflecting on own learning and performance
- Communicating in an effective and professional manner
- Health and wellbeing
- Valuing inclusivity through shared expertise
- Understanding learning and education theorists
- Supporting Children’s Learning
Did You Know?
The college maintains strong links with local and regional employers, ensuring students and staff are kept updated on current developments with the sector.
Skills You Will Learn
- Ability to explore, discuss and analyse practice with regard to theory
- Critically apply current theory
- Communication skills
- Recognise good practice
- Practical work-related learning activities
- Collaborative group work
- Organisational and time management skills
- Problem solving
Successful completion of the FD Children’s Development and Learning will enable you to enrol on the BA (Hons) Leading Children’s Development and Learning (Top-up) to convert your qualification in to a full honours degree.
Full time: £7200
How to Apply
You need to apply for this course through the UCAS website.