Who is this course aimed at?
Aimed at accountants who wish to achieve AAT full membership and professional MAAT status. The accountancy skills developed by studying this qualification will enable you to seek employment with confidence, and/or to progress to study chartered accountancy.
In this qualification you will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, as well as optional specialist units including business tax, personal tax, external auditing, credit management, and cash and treasury management.
AAT Level 3 or an accounting degree. Students do not need to be in relevant employment because sufficient evidence is provided within the course. The AAT welcomes individuals with no relevant experience who wish to work in accounting or finance. An application form must be completed and an interview may be required.
Dates and Times
16th September 2019 - 5th April 2021, 9.00am - 2.45pm, Mondays
The course involves a set of mandatory units:
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Accounting Systems and Controls
And two optional units:
- Personal Tax
- Business Tax
(The synoptic assessment will ask students to apply knowledge and skills gained across the qualification in an integrated way, within a workplace context. Scenarios will change over time to ensure the validity of the assessment).
Classroom IT based with some E-learning through AAT platform and York College Blackboard.
Exams and Assessments
Each module is externally assessed. All assessments are set and marked by AAT. To achieve the qualification and to be awarded a grade, a student must pass all the mandatory assessments, including the synoptic assessment. Unit and synoptic assessments are not awarded grades individually, but the marks achieved in all assessments contribute to the students’ overall grade for the qualification.
AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting - Level 4.
Achieve professional AAT Accountant status If you successfully complete this qualification and fulfil our work experience requirements, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
The AAT qualification attracts exemptions from major UK accounting bodies (ACCA, ACA, ICA, CIPFA).
£0 - £2,573
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Distance Learning TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles in Team Leading
- York College Certificate - Intro to Accounting Software and SAGE
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bookkeeping