The purpose of the qualification is to develop learners’ knowledge and understanding relevant to working in a customer service environment.
TQUK Level 2 Certificate.
12 weeks - approx 180 hours.
Learners must achieve 7 units.
Unit 1: Principles of customer service and delivery
This unit will provide you with the fundamental knowledge and understanding needed to work in a customer service role. You will develop knowledge of the legal and ethical requirements that relate to customer service and maintaining customer service information.
Unit 2: Understand customers
Within this unit you will develop knowledge of the different types of customers. You will also study the links between good customer service and customer loyalty, as well as how these factors affect the organisation in terms of reputation and image.
Unit 3: Understand employer organisations
Here you will look at a variety of organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will discover the internal and external influences on organisations, and why change in the business environment is important.
Unit 4: Understand how to communicate with customers
Within this unit you will gain a thorough understanding of the importance of effective communication in customer service. You will look at different communication techniques and how to identify and adapt your own communication style in order to offer the best service possible.
Unit 5: Understand how to handle customer information
This unit will provide you with knowledge of customer service information systems and handover procedures. You will learn about the different responsibilities and levels of authority for processing customer service information.
Unit 6: Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers
Unit 6 will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge to enable you to deal with challenging customers. You will develop knowledge of techniques you can use to resolve problems and manage unresolved problems by referring to other sources.
Unit 7: Understand how to develop customer relationships
Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how to develop relationships with customers or potential customers. You will also study the value of customer loyalty and the customer’s expectations of you.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course simply visit the How to Enrol webpage and select BDU incl. Distance Learning from the first drop down menu and then choose your desired course from the second drop down.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles in Team Leading
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Workplace Violence & Harassment
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma Skills for Business - HR