Who is this course aimed at?
This course will provide you with a solid foundation of all areas of HR and develop the essential skills and confidence you need to progress your career further.
If you intend to work in either working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees, or are a HR Manager in a small organisation. The work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes
It is suited to individuals who are:
- looking to get into HR, or progress in a new HR role
- working at a support level, e.g. HR Administrator/HR Office
- non-HR manager with people management or HR responsibility
This qualification reflects a wide range of relevant practical skills in human resource practice. They are suited to individuals who:
- are aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in HR
- are working in the field of HR in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills
- have responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function.
On successful completion of the qualification, you will:
- have a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required of an HR professional
- know how HR activities support your organisation’s strategy
- be able to record, analyse and use HR information
- be able to identify and understand the factors which affect your organisation's recruitment and selection policies
- have an understanding of the fundamentals of employment law
- understand the purpose and processes of performance and reward management.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 (or equivalent) - including English and maths.
Dates and Times
This qualification aims to provide you with:
- An understanding of the essential skills required in a business environment
- The skills, knowledge and resources to carry out human resource activities including health and safety in the workplace, employment law and recruitment and selection
- The skills required to solve problems in a business environment.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business: Human Resources, you will study the following modules:
- Deliver customer service in a business environment (10 credits)
- Solve problems in a business environment (10 credits)
- Communicate in a business environment (10 credits)
- Contribute to running a project (10 credits)
- Innovation in a business environment (10 credits)
- Respond to change in a business environment (10 credits)
- Recruitment and selection in business (10 credits)
- Aspects of employment law (10 credits)
- Human resource management in business (10 credits)
- Training in the business workplace (10 credits)
Candidates will attend York College one day per week for the duration of the course, it will be classroom based with some E-learning through York College Blackboard and Microsoft Teams.
All unit assessment criteria are summatively assessed. Formative assessment is also encouraged within each unit.
Assessment methods may include:
- case studies
- integrated work activities
- group and individual presentations
- time constrained tests examinations
- Viva Voce
The qualification may be assessed using simulation via a realistic working environment, to reflect a real work setting. You will need to create a portfolio of evidence which will be internally assessed and externally moderated. The qualification is a Level 3.
Reasons to choose this course
Outstanding College and learning environment. Highly qualified and accredited tutors.
Skills you will develop
The course can be a valuable introduction to communication skills, critical and thinking skills, interpersonal skills and team working transferable into a range of career and educational opportunities.
On completion of the Level 3 candidates can progress their studies further by undertaking higher level studies in human resources or leadership and management. York College offers the HNC/HND Diploma in Business Management as the next step.
It forms the foundation of a career within the profession, giving the base for further development through a career path within an organisation and/or through the HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles in Team Leading
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Workplace Violence & Harassment
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma Skills for Business - HR