Who is this course aimed at?
Aimed at experienced bookkeepers, this qualification covers areas such as double entry bookkeeping, financial statements, intermediate spreadsheets and software use.
Achieve professional AAT Bookkeeper status
If you successfully complete this qualification, you can apply for AAT associate bookkeeping membership and achieve professional AAT Bookkeeper status (AATQB)
The AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping develops existing skills and knowledge to an advanced level for anyone wishing to pursue a career in bookkeeping.
The AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping offers progression for those who already have bookkeeping knowledge at Foundation level, either to gain employment in a bookkeeping role or to further study. This qualification is suitable for those who have completed the AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping and may help students already working in a bookkeeping role to progress by offering them formal recognition of their skills. The AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping is open to those who are working and those who are not currently in employment.
AAT does not set any prerequisites for the study of the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping. However, for the best chance of success, we recommend that students begin their studies with a good standard of English and maths. You don’t need any previous finance experience to enrol. You should be over 19. If you have a criminal record or have been made bankrupt, AAT might not accept you as a member making you unable to sit your exams. Please contact AAT directly for more advice.
Dates and Times
24th February 2021 - 7th July 2021
9.00am - 2.00pm
The purpose of the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping is to ensure that students have the advanced bookkeeping skills necessary to work in a bookkeeping role or to progress to higher level accountancy. Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to carry out advanced bookkeeping transactions and tasks in three mandatory units (210 guided learning hours).
The qualification is composed of three mandatory units, assessed in three end-of-unit assessments:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax.
A student completing this qualification will understand advanced bookkeeping principles and concepts, preparation of financial statements for sole traders and partnerships, and issues around indirect tax (VAT in the UK) in business. All of this will be learned in the context of the ethical issues that a bookkeeper may encounter in their professional life.
Study Method – Online and On Campus
We have partnered with Mindful Education to deliver this course through our Online and On Campus model.
Online video lectures are available on demand, and can be viewed from your phone, tablet or computer, meaning you can choose how, when and where you want to study. Each lesson lasts around 45 minutes and is accompanied by animations and motion graphics to bring concepts to life. Exercises, interactive case studies and analytical tools help to enhance the learning experience further.
On campus, you benefit from regular college classes – without having to commit to attending multiple evenings each week. An experienced college tutor will discuss and reinforce what you have learnt during your online study and will be on hand to provide guidance on progress and assessment. Discussion and debate with classmates will help you apply theories to situations you face in the workplace.
Learn more about the York College and Mindful Education partnership.
This course is assessed through computer-based exams and assessment, which draws on and assesses knowledge and understanding from across the qualification.
£0 - £1265
Students completing the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping may wish to go on and complete the full AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting. If students wish to continue studying and choose to complete one of the full AAT Accounting Qualifications, their Short Qualification achievement/s may be transferred to the larger qualifications.
The bookkeeping skills developed by studying this qualification will enable a student to seek employment with confidence and/or to progress to the next level of learning.
The skills developed in the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping can lead to employment as:
- a professional bookkeeper
- a senior bookkeeper
- an accounts manager
- a ledger manager
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles in Team Leading
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Workplace Violence & Harassment
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma Skills for Business - HR