This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to successfully lead a team. You will develop knowledge around the principles of team leading and the general workings of a business as well as how important it is for a team leader to be able to successfully communicate with a range of stakeholders.
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level one in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
TQUK Level 2 Certificate.
Guided Learning Hours - 170
Please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course simply visit the How to Enrol webpage and select BDU incl. Distance Learning from the first drop down menu and then choose your desired course from the second drop down.
This particular short course is just 12 weeks long.
How is this course delivered?
This course is available in online format, making the course flexible and easy for you to access. Personal tutors are assigned to each learner, to ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
Unit 1: Principles of team leading
Within this introductory unit, you will gain an understanding of various leadership styles. You will develop knowledge of team dynamics and the techniques that are essential to effectively manage a team’s workload.
Unit 2: Understand business
Here you will increase your understanding of different organisational structures and the business environment. You will develop your knowledge of the principles of business planning and finance within an organisation, as well as business reporting, management responsibilities and accountabilities within and organisation.
Unit 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information
Here you will look at the principles and techniques behind work-related communication through both verbal and written forms. You will develop knowledge of a range of documents required for different types of meetings in a business environment.
Unit 4: Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace
Within this unit you will develop your knowledge of team performance management through benchmarking, discovering how to manage underperformance within a team and conflict in the workplace.
Unit 5: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
In this unit you will develop an understanding of the standards and expectations of equality and diversity in the workplace, including the potential consequences of failing to comply with the relevant legislation.
Unit 6: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
In Unit 6 you will look in detail about the principles of effective teamwork and how to be a ‘buddy’. This unit also covers the benefits of effective team working, how to give feedback constructively and the techniques that may be used to resolve team conflict.
Unit 7: Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
Within this unit you will look at the main health and safety responsibilities and laws affecting the workplace. You will look at employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to health and safety, as well as the support that is available for employees.
Unit 8: Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation
In the final unit, you will look at the development and delivery of presentations. You will discover the advantages and limitations of various forms of media, look at the factors affecting contingency plans and consider different ways to evaluate presentations.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles in Team Leading
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma Skills for Business - HR