Who is this course aimed at?
People who wish to have an insight in accounting software.
This course is ideal for anyone with an interest to maintain their own accounts using accounting software. Ideal for the self-employed or for students who want to gain an insight in using accounting software, and it can provide a useful stepping stone to more formal qualifications.
AAT Level 3 or an accounting degree. Students do not need to be in relevant employment because sufficient evidence is provided within the course. The AAT welcomes individuals with no relevant experience who wish to work in accounting or finance. An application form must be completed and an interview may be required.
Dates and Times
Students will learn many aspects of using a computerised accounting package, including:
- Nominal accounts
- Customer accounts
- Supplier accounts
- Opening balances
- Password security
- Bank transactions
- Customer receipts
- Supplier Payments
- Error Correction
Classroom IT based with some E-learning through AAT platform and York College Blackboard.
Exams and Assessments
Each module is externally assessed. All assessments are set and marked by AAT. To achieve the qualification and to be awarded a grade, a student must pass all the mandatory assessments, including the synoptic assessment. Unit and synoptic assessments are not awarded grades individually, but the marks achieved in all assessments contribute to the students’ overall grade for the qualification.
AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting - Level 4.
Achieve professional AAT Accountant status If you successfully complete this qualification and fulfil our work experience requirements, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
The AAT qualification attracts exemptions from major UK accounting bodies (ACCA, ACA, ICA, CIPFA).
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- York College Certificate - Intro to Accounting Software and SAGE
- York College Certificate - Intro to Events and Conference Management
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bookkeeping
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business and Company Law
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business Skills
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Payroll