This course is ideal for anyone with an interest to set-up, run or maintain operation of a business.
Dates and Times
The course will provide you with an overview of:
- Financial Management – skills that will help you to run your business profitability and protect your financial investment.
- Marketing, Sales and Customer Service – to promote your products or services effectively. Providing good customer service and having a marketing strategy in place will help you to generate sales.
- Communication and Negotiation – with your suppliers, potential investors, customers and employees.
- Leadership – to motivate your staff in order to get the best out of them and improve productivity.
- Project Management and Planning – how to effectively manage project & your resources, including time, money and staff will help you to achieve your goals.
- Delegation and Time Management – managing your time effectively may mean delegating responsibility to someone else in the business or outsourcing.
- Problem Solving – be able to make good decisions, sometimes under pressure.
- Networking – building good relationships through networking will help you to grow your business and give you the support you’ll need.
Exams and Assessments
No formal assessment.
After the course, many students progress into more formal Business courses.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- York College Certificate - Intro to Accounting Software and SAGE
- York College Certificate - Intro to Events and Conference Management
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bookkeeping
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business and Company Law
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business Skills
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Payroll