Who is this course aimed at?
Individuals wishing to acquire knowledge of accounting software packages. You'll learn practical skills, like using accounting software, entering accounting transactions and producing a range of reports.
The AAT Level 2 in Accounting Software provides the necessary practical skills and knowledge of using Sage 50 Accounts Professional and Microsoft Excel.
Sage 50 Accounts Professional is the most commonly used accounting software by businesses in the UK, so if you're looking for employment this is the software to give you the greatest chance of success.
You don’t need any previous finance experience to enrol. You should be over 19.
If you have a criminal record or have been made bankrupt, AAT might not accept you as a member making you unable to sit your exams. Please contact AAT directly for more advice.
Dates and Times
15th September 2020 - 20th October 2020, Tuesday daytime.
4th May 2021 - 29 June 2021, Tuesday evening.
6 or 8 weeks.
- Accounting software
- Entering accounting transactions
- Process sales and purchase transactions
- Process bank and cash transactions
- Perform period end routine tasks
- Producing a range of financial reports
The course uses official Sage material, ensuring you're learning from the very best
Study Method – Online and On Campus
We have partnered with Mindful Education to deliver this course through our Online and On Campus model.
Online video lectures are available on demand, and can be viewed from your phone, tablet or computer, meaning you can choose how, when and where you want to study. Each lesson lasts around 45 minutes and is accompanied by animations and motion graphics to bring concepts to life. Exercises, interactive case studies and analytical tools help to enhance the learning experience further.
On campus, you benefit from regular college classes – without having to commit to attending multiple evenings each week. An experienced college tutor will discuss and reinforce what you have learnt during your online study and will be on hand to provide guidance on progress and assessment. Discussion and debate with classmates will help you apply theories to situations you face in the workplace.
Learn more about the York College and Mindful Education partnership.
This course is assessed through computer-based exams and assessment, which draws on and assesses knowledge and understanding from across the qualification.
AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software - Level 2.
If students wish to continue studying and choose to complete one of the full AAT Accounting Qualifications, their Short Qualification achievement/s may be transferred to the larger qualifications.
AAT qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications that prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles.
The Foundation Award in Accounting Software can lead to employment as:
- Clerical Assistant
- Trainee Bookkeeper
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
£0 - £300.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Online and On Campus)
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Living in a Fair and Diverse Society
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles in Team Leading
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Workplace Violence & Harassment
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma Skills for Business - HR