HR Professionals in this role are typically either working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees, or are a HR Manager in a small organisation. Their work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes.
Typical Job roles
They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues using company policy and current law, giving guidance that is compliant and where errors could expose the organisation to employment tribunals or legal risk,
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 (or equivalent) - including English and maths. Employers may set their own specific entry requirements in addition to York College..
Students with international qualifications will need to have them converted, for which there will be a cost, through the national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills (NARIC) website. This is required to confirm they are comparable to UK qualifications at the start of the programme in readiness for gateway and the end point assessment.
Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship.
Level 3 NCFE Diploma in Skills for Business: Human Resources.
Functional skills at level 2 or equivalent (if applicable).
Method of Delivery
Delivery will be in partnership with employers and will adopt a blended learning approach combining online learning and face-to-face lessons. Online lessons can be accessed at any time using a mobile, tablet or desktop. Apprentices receive training and mentoring in the workplace and knowledge, skills and behaviour development at York College through a combination of classroom based lessons, group exercises and discussions. Apprentices attend College one day per month and will study online materials during allotted time at work.
End Point Assessment
Apprentices must pass the end-point assessment in order to achieve the apprenticeship certificate which comprises of 2 components:
- • A Consultative Project, which contains a range of evidence demonstrating that the apprentice has met the requirements of specific Knowledge and Skills
- • A Professional Discussion that will explore the specific Skills and Behaviours
Both components will need to be passed in order for the Apprentice to be awarded the Apprenticeship.
The qualification forms the foundation of a career within the profession, giving the base for further development through a career path within an organisation and/or through the HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship. The apprentice can choose to stay within core HR or diversify into one of the specialist areas of HR.
- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Assistant Accounting Apprenticeship Level 3 (Online and On Campus Apprenticeship)
- Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship AAT Level 2 (Online and On Campus)
- Business Admin Apprenticeship Level 3
- Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Human Resources Support Apprenticeship Level 3
- Professional Accounting Technician Apprenticeship - AAT Level 4 (Online and On Campus)
- Professional Accounts Tax Technician Apprenticeship Level 4
- Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3
- Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship - CMI Level 3 (Online and On Campus)