For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
What will I study?
If you want to develop a basic understanding of how to support the activities of a business to enable you to progress into administration work or a higher level business programme, this course will provide you with the foundation for this.
BTEC qualifications are designed to provide practical, work-related learning and the course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to prepare for employment in a business environment and work in a variety of specialisms in the industry.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and will develop a range of skills to prepare you for the world of work and enable you to add value to business activities in an organisation. During this course you will study the following modules:
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Finding out about businesses in your area
- Organising a meeting
- Branding a product
- Presenting a business idea
- Contributing to running an event
- Recording income and expenditure
By studying this course you will also:
- Learn about different local businesses and how they operate
- Produce a CV and personal action plan
- Learn about how to start a new business and the marketing of the product or service being offered
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in team events
- Develop your confidence in presentations
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment-based course so there are no exams and you will be continually assessed throughout the programme through assignments, practical activities and observations carried out by tutors.
What could it lead to?
The skills you will learn on this course will enable you to:
Pursue a career in an office environment.
Find employment as an apprentice in an office environment.
Progress to the Level 2 Business, Hospitality and Travel & Tourism Diploma or other sectors.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.