Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
This qualification is ideal for students who want to develop an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment, and gives them an understanding of business culture and responsibilities. This qualification also allows students to develop the skills required to solve problems, communicate and work effectively with others, and gives them the opportunity to learn how to manage and improve their own performance in a business environment.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business in Sales and Marketing, students are required to successfully complete 6 units from Group A and 4 units from Group B.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business in Human Resources, students are required to successfully complete 6 units from Group A and 4 units from Group C.
- Business Culture and Responsibilities (10 credits)
- Deliver Customer Service in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Produce Documents in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Solve Problems in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Work with Others in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Communicate in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Contribute to Running a Project (10 credits)
- Innovation in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Manage and Improve Own Performance in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Respond to Change in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Creative Product Promotion (10 credits)
- Market Research in Business (10 credits)
- Relationship Marketing (10 credits)
- Internet Marketing in Business (10 credits)
- Understanding the Relationship between Sales and Marketing
- Conferences and Events (10 credits)
- Recruitment and Selection in Business (10 credits)
- Aspects of Employment Law (10 credits)
- Human Resources Management in Business (10 credits)
- Training in the Business Workplace (10 credits)
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Business Workplace
How will I be assessed?
Internal assessment whereby each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. On completion of each unit candidates must declare that the work produced is their own. The Assessor must countersign this. The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include (in no particular order):
- Candidate's proof of work
- Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Witness testimony
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Candidate and peer reports
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
What could it lead to?
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to other Level 3 Business qualifications, a Foundation Degree in Leadership & Management or advanced/higher apprenticeships.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.