Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who want to develop their AutoCAD skills and competency in order to achieve a Level 2 qualification. This may be required by their workplace, or to enhance their skills in the workplace, or to re-train and move employment sectors and enhance their CV, alternatively the course is ideal for someone with a personal interest in developing CAD drawing skills.
Overview of the course
This course focuses on the development of 2D AutoCAD skills, and will equip the candidates with an understanding, skills and principles of a computer aided 2D drawing environment. The course will cover both hardware and software (AutoCAD) and will develop your skills and competencies in using AutoCAD to Level 2 standard.
You must have a general understanding of how to use a computer (Windows platform); and ideally will have had some basic experience / exposure to a CAD (Computer Aided Design) system
Dates and Times
The course will cover how to :
- Use a CAD workstation safety; hardware, software, managing files, appropriate legislation, safe working practices
- Use key components in 2D CAD software (AutoCAD); menus, layers, lines, zoom, pan, viewports etc,
- Create a range of line types and shapes relative to a co-ordinate system
- Use text, hatch and simple dimensioning commands
- Modify existing CAD drawings
- Create standard 2D drawing layouts
Teaching will be a mixture of demonstrational delivery with student hands on application and practice.
£195 - £390
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.