YMCA Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Antenatal and Postnatal Clients
This course is aimed at:
- Those already employed as an Exercise Instructor who are seeking to be able to work unsupervised with antenatal and postnatal clients
- Those wishing to use the qualification as a platform for progression to further learning
A minimum of a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent is required.
The YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Antenatal and Postnatal Clients is regulated by Ofqual and comprises of a total of 4 credits achieved through the completion of the following 2 mandatory units:
- Considerations for safe and effective exercise for antenatal and postnatal clients (2 credits)
- Programme design for antenatal and postnatal clients (2 credits)
You will learn:
- The physical changes which take place during the ante and postnatal periods
- The benefits of exercise/physical activity for ante and postnatal women
- How to support ante and postnatal clients in exercise
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise programme for ante and postnatal clients
- How to screen ante and postnatal clients prior to planning an exercise programme
- How to plan an exercise programme for ante and postnatal clients
- Observation of practical skills
- Oral questioning to check understanding
- Portfolio of evidence – showing all the treatments that have been completed
- Formative and summative assessment
Please note - the College will not be able to provide all the clients for this course, students are expected to be able to provide some of their own. Students are expected to work on a diverse range of clients.
TBC, please check back soon for more information.
Students may wish to complete other courses available here at York College. Visit our Sport & Uniformed Services page to discover other courses on offer.
Dates & course durations
2 week course, date TBC, please check back soon for further information.
Face to face teaching and practical observations/assessments.
Students have access to our newly refurbished gym, The Athletic Suite, where students will have access to industry standard gym equipment, including health screening resources
Students also have access to a fantastic range of College-wide facilities such as the Learning Resource Centre (LRC), study hubs, computer areas with accompanying multi-function printers and helpdesk advice.
There is no kit cost.
This qualification can lead to employment as an Ante/Postnatal Exerciser Instructor within the active leisure sector.