Super Saturday Adult Taster - Introduction to Male Facial Waxing
This course is perfect for those already in/interested in the hair, beauty and barbering industry who would like to upskill themselves and enhance the services they can provide to clients.
Male facial waxing techniques covered will include:
- Eyebrow shaping
- Nostril wax
- Beard line wax
- Introduction to the benefits of waxing
- Benefits to salons/Barbers/Hairdressers of offering this service
- Anatomy and physiology of male skin and hair
- Client consultation techniques
- Contra-indications to waxing
- After-care advice
- How to promote facial waxing to male clients
- Practical work (male models will be required, ideally each student will bring the male model with them on the day)
- Test of knowledge and understanding
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at Hairdressers, Barbers and Beauticians who want to upskill, and those who are interested in entering the hair and beauty industry.
Students should bring in a male model to the session.
This course will take place in one of our beauty therapy treatment rooms.
At York College we have a range of beauty therapy treatment rooms, hairdressing salons and media make-up workshops to ensure our students are able to train in a professional working environment.
All materials are included. Students should bring in their own male model for the class.
Date & time
Event: Saturday 2nd July 2022, 9.30am-3.30pm.
Reasons to choose this course
This is an incredible opportunity for Hairdressers, Barbers and Beauticians and those interested in entering the industry to upskill and enhance the services they can offer to their clients.
Skills you will develop
You will develop male waxing skills and retailing skills.
We offer a range of adult learning courses for those interested in the hair and beauty industry, including barbering, hairdressing and beauty therapy. Visit the Hair, Beauty & Holistic Therapies page to find out more.