Skills for Business Diploma Level 3
York College is delighted to announce that it has been selected to participate in the T Level Industry Placement Pilot (Capacity Delivery Fund). This course has been selected to take part in the pilot for this academic year allowing us to offer Industry Placements to any student enrolling onto this course.
The Work Placement Team will be in touch in due course with further details. In the meantime, you can access further work placement information by visiting our web page: Work Placements Advice.
If you have any questions you can contact the Work Placement Team on 01904 770830 or email@example.com.
The Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business helps you develop a core understanding of the skills required to work in business and provides you with the foundations of business culture and responsibilities. This programme prepares you to work in a business environment by developing your skills in communication, problem solving, work efficiency and managing your own performance in a business setting. This Level 3 diploma also carries UCAS points towards higher education studies.
4 or 5 GCSE subjects at grade 4 or above including English and/or Maths.
What will I study?
Units studied include:
- Business Culture and Responsibilities (10 credits)
- Deliver Customer Service in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Produce Documents in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Solve Problems in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Work with Others in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Communicate in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Contribute to Running a Project (10 credits)
- Innovation in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Manage and Improve Own Performance in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Respond to Change in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Recruitment and Selection in Business (10 credits)
- Aspects of Employment Law (10 credits)
- Human Resources Management in Business (10 credits)
- Training in the Business Workplace (10 credits)
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Business Workplace (10 credits)
You will be able to retake GCSE English or Maths (working towards grade 4) within this programme of study.
Method of delivery
Your studies will be across three full days per week. These will be mainly classroom based but you will also experience event organisation activities and project management. Your studies comprise a combination of 30% online learning and 70% face-to-face onsite, with 90% classroom based and 10% undertaking simulated practical activities. Our methods of delivery will include to large groups of students online, accompanied by workshops, tutorials, some independent studies, problem solving and work-based learning.
How will I be assessed?
Internal assessment whereby you are required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. On completion of each unit you must declare that the work produced is your own. The Assessor must countersign this. The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include (in no particular order):
- Candidate's proof of work
- Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Witness testimony
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Candidate and peer reports
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Good course combinations
This is a full-time course. It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, Apprenticeships or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to other Level 3 Business qualifications, a Foundation Degree in Leadership & Management or advanced/higher apprenticeships.
“I chose to do this course as it is a stepping stone onto further qualifications and gives me good, useful skills to use in the future.”