This course is suitable for anyone from supervisor level upwards who is responsible for the performance and behaviour of another colleague.
Managing performance is more than just appraisals. It’s an ongoing process of building effective relationships with the people you manage, supporting and developing them and helping them to achieve their own and the organisations goals.
Effective performance management is a daily activity and an intrinsic part of the manager’s toolkit. It gives your reports clarity and direction, helps them to fully engage with the organisation and gives you the opportunity to tackle issues before they become problems.
The course is delivered over one day, from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
Topics covered will include:
- What is Performance Management?
- Introduction to theories of motivation in relation to managing performance
- Using organisational values and competency frameworks for performance management.
- Building effective relationships
- The performance management and appraisal cycle
- SMART target setting
- Goal setting using the GROW model
- Identifying and addressing development needs
- Monitoring performance
- Identifying and addressing underperformance
- Constructive feedback skills
- Dealing with difficult conversations
There will be a mix of presentations, discussions, exercises and opportunities for skills practice during the session.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course, please contact us:
Business Partnerships, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 option 1