Music, Performing & Production Arts UAL Award & Diploma Level 1
This course will give students an introduction to Music, Performing and Production Arts. You will learn about communicating with an audience as well as elements of production, e.g. set design and elements of performance, e.g. a small performance piece.
3 or 4 GCSE subjects at grade 2 ideally including English and Maths.
What will I study?
You will study a mixture of topics covering music, performing arts and production arts.
- An Introduction to Music, Performing and Production Arts
- Research into Music and Performing and Production Arts, e.g. a research project on your favourite musician/actor etc.
- Communicating with an Audience
- Production Development for Music and Performing Arts, e.g. set design
- Performance Development for Music and Performing Arts, leading to a small performance piece
- Independent Project, on a topic of your choice within the subject area
There is a student contribution of £25 which goes towards some trips, visiting speakers, workshops and additional equipment during the course.
Method of delivery
You will typically be in College three days per week. All units will be taught in a classroom/workshop environment. Students will also study English and maths where relevant.
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through coursework.
Good course combinations
This is a full-time course. It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, Apprenticeship or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
Upon successful completion of this course you can progress onto a Level 2 programme in Performing Arts, Media or Music, or other Level 2 qualifications in College.