Minutes and Agendas
This course is suitable for anyone involved with organising agendas and taking minutes in meetings, including those who may have to chair and take their own minutes. It will give you an overview and practical tips for developing your own effective system in your own organisation. You may also discover how to assist the not so good Chair to improve!
Minutes are a record of a meeting that has taken place. They may be formal, word for word minutes or key points only. However, accurate recording is essential. Without the skills, techniques and, most importantly confidence, this can be very difficult to achieve (and stressful). Many people who are asked to organise and attend meetings as minute takers have no formal training in this important role. So, take a day out and return to work with plenty of ideas and a framework for putting the skills of this very important job into place.
Learn how to:
- Use guidelines for preparing meetings
- Write effective and useful agendas
- Liaise effectively with chairs
- Develop and use your own framework / template for taking notes and writing minutes.
This course is delivered over 1 day from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Topics covered will include:
- Defining ‘agendas’ and ‘minutes’.
- Advantages of a writing system for meetings.
- Thorough preparation including planning and writing an agenda.
- Easy methods of taking minutes.
- Writing minutes - style, language and layout.
This is a very practical day using your own and others’ experiences, hints and tips. You will gain more understanding of the areas that could be improved for you and how to work towards those. You will return to work with a valuable, personalised tool that can be adapted for all types of meetings.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course, please contact us:
Business Partnerships, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 option 1