IOSH Managing Safely - Campus@Northallerton
This course is suitable for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. They won’t suddenly become safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, managing safely makes the powerful case for safety and health being such an essential part of their job.
Managing safely is unlike any other course. You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and with a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting safety and health embedded across the whole organisation. Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies help drive the point’s home over the whole course. Each module is backed by crystal-clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and summaries reinforce the key learning points. The course includes checklists and other materials for delegates to try out and then use when they get back to their own workplaces.
What does the business get?
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals, IOSH
- Not too much downtime – the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme
- Nationally-recognised and respected certificated managers and supervisors
What results can I expect?
- Greater productivity, from fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Managing safely is delivered by IOSH’s network of approved training providers.
Topics covered will include:
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing safely certificate.
Dates & booking information
Dates: 5th-7th Oct 2022 Time: 09:30-16:30
Duration: 3 Day course (inc exam)
This course will be delivered from our Northallerton campus:
If you're interested in this course, please contact us:
Tel: 01904 770368 option 1
If you do not see the short course or delivery location that suits your needs please get in touch with the Business Partnerships Team.
Business Partnerships, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 option 1