HABC Award in Food Safety Level 2
This course is suitable for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Food safety law requires all food handlers to be trained/ supervised according to their food handling work activities. This course provides essential knowledge and understanding of good hygiene practice.
Tuition and Assessment
Tuition and assessment is held over one day from 8.45am - 4.30pm.
Assessment is via a multi-choice examination (20 questions to be completed in 45 minutes, candidates must achieve 13 correct answers to pass (66%)) for which HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance) will issue a certificate to successful candidates who achieve the required level of assessment.
Candidates will have to provide some form of photographic ID prior to sitting the exam. We can also provide exam papers and/or course handbooks in alternative languages, please let us know at the time of booking if you require an exam paper or course book in an alternative language.
Next Course Dates
Topics covered will include:
- Food Poisoning – Why food safety is important in the catering sector
- Bacteriology – Types of bacteria and factors that can affect its multiplication
- Prevention of Contamination – Controlling measures that can be put into place to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Temperature Control – How to measure food temperatures and how temperature control for certain food types will reduce the multiplication of bacteria
- Personal Hygiene – How food handlers must maintain high levels of personal hygiene
- Premises & Pest Control – The need to keep food premises maintained and in good condition and the consequences for the food business if infestation occurs
- Cleaning & Disinfection – Methods to keep premises and equipment in good order
- The Law – The legal obligations of food handlers
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course, please contact us:
Business Partnerships, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB