City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery
The course is suitable for employed individuals who have already achieved Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Site Carpentry and are able to demonstrate that they are working at a Level 3 standard.
The course is made up of the mandatory and optional units listed below. The student must complete all mandatory units and an optional unit of their choice.
Students should have previously gained Level 2 NVQ, and looking to improve their skills and knowledge. A candidate must be carrying out complex joinery tasks on site, on a regular basis and they will need to be involved with the planning and organising of the work, to generate the evidence required to cover the set criteria for the qualification.
- Unit 102 - Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Unit 300 - Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace.
- Unit 303 - Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace.
- Unit 356 - Installing Bespoke First Fixing Components in the Workplace.
- Unit 357 - Installing Bespoke Second Fixing Components in the Workplace.
- Unit 502 - Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace.
- Unit 716 - Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace.
- Unit 236 - Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace.
- Unit 314 - Erecting Roof Structure Carcassing Components in the Workplace.
- Unit 353 - Maintaining Non-structural and structural Components in the Workplace.
Students will be assessed on-site by our occupationally competent experts, through on-site observations from an assessor and will be required to build a portfolio of evidence. The assessor will provide advice and support throughout the process.
£0 - £3,345
The fees for this course can vary depending on funding eligibility, if you feel you may qualify for funding, please contact the Funding Team. You might also be eligible for a loan to cover your course fee.
This course has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge, and competence so that you can work as a site carpenter within the construction industry or progress onto further learning. The level 3 opens doors to higher level of study such as Construction Site Supervisor or HNC.
Dates & course duration
20th September 2022 – 25th September 2023, Tuesday and Wednesdays, 6.00pm – 9.00pm
This course will be delivered by qualified experienced tutors who are experts in their disciplines. Teaching will be done in a practical setting which will allow you to spend the time using the tools and resources.
As well as specialist construction workshops, students have access to a fantastic range of College-wide facilities such as the Learning & Research Centre, study hubs, computer areas with accompanying multi-function printers and helpdesk advice.
All materials are provided for you to complete the course. However, some courses may require additional study from home, you may need access to a PC/laptop and suitable Wi-Fi to access teaching and learning materials. You will be made aware of any additional study time at the time of enrolment.
Students will be equipped with the skills and knowledge required to progress in their current employment or progress onto a new role within the construction industry.