City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Bricklaying/Towel Occupations
The course is suitable for employed individuals who have already achieved a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Bricklaying/Trowel Occupations and are able to demonstrate that they are working at a Level 3 standard.
The course is made up of the mandatory and optional units listed below. The student must complete all mandatory units and an optional unit of their choice.
Students should have previously gained Level 2 Diploma in Bicklaying, and looking to improve their skills and knowledge. A student must be carrying out complex brickwork tasks on site, on a regular basis and they will need to be involved with the planning and organising of the work, to generate the evidence required to cover the set criteria for the qualification.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Setting Out to form Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Erecting masonry cladding in the Workplace
- Erect masonry to form architectural and decorative structures in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Installing and forming specialist masonry elements in the Workplace
Students will be assessed on-site by our occupationally competent experts, through on-site observations from an assessor and will be required to build a portfolio of evidence. The assessor will provide advice and support throughout the process.
£0 - £5,421
The fees for this course can vary depending on funding eligibility, if you feel you may qualify for funding, please contact the Funding Team. You might also be eligible for a loan to cover your fee, please do get in touch to find out more.
This course has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge, and competence so that you can work as a bricklayer within the construction industry or progress onto further learning. The level 3 opens doors to higher-level of study such as a Level 4 Site Supervisor/HNC.
Dates & course duration
20th September 2022 - 25th September 2023
This course will be delivered by qualified experienced tutors who are experts in their disciplines. Teaching will be done in a practical setting which will allow you to spend the time using the tools and resources.
As well as specialist construction workshops, students have access to a fantastic range of College-wide facilities such as the Learning & Research Centre, study hubs, computer areas with accompanying multi-function printers and helpdesk advice.
All materials are provided for you to complete the course. However, some courses may require additional study from home, you may need access to a PC/laptop and suitable Wi-Fi to access teaching and learning materials. You will be made aware of any additional study time at the time of enrolment.
Students will be equipped with the skills and knowledge required to progress in their current employment or progress onto a new role within the construction industry.