Business Extended Certificate Level 3
The Business Extended Certificate Level 3 helps you develop a core understanding of the skills required to work in business and provides you with the foundations of business culture and responsibilities.
This programme prepares you to work in a business environment by developing your skills in communication, problem solving, work efficiency and managing your own performance in a business setting. This qualification is equivalent to one AS Level.
A minimum of 4 GCSE subjects at grade 4 or above including English and/or Maths.
What will I study?
Units studied include:
- Contribute to Running a Project (10 credits)
- Innovation in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Manage and Improve Own Performance in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Respond to Change in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Recruitment and Selection in Business (10 credits)
- Aspects of Employment Law (10 credits)
- Human Resources Management in Business (10 credits)
- Training in the Business Workplace (10 credits)
- Business Culture and Responsibilities (10 credits)
- Deliver Customer Service in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Produce Documents in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Solve Problems in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Work with Others in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Communicate in a Business Environment (10 credits)
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Business Workplace (10 credits)
You will be able to retake GCSE English or Maths (working towards grade 4) within this programme of study.
Method of delivery
Your studies will be across three full days per week. These will be mainly classroom based but you will also experience event organisation activities and project management. Your studies comprise a combination of 30% online learning and 70% face-to-face onsite, with 90% classroom based and 10% undertaking simulated practical activities. Our methods of delivery will include to large groups of students online, accompanied by workshops, tutorials, some independent studies, problem solving and work-based learning.
How will I be assessed?
There will be a combination of assessment styles for you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and understanding in a range of work-related contexts. This gives you the opportunity to showcase your skills and apply your knowledge in an appropriate, work-related context. Assessment takes the form of assignment and written exams.
Good course combinations
This is a full-time course. It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, Apprenticeships or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to other Level 3 Business qualifications; a Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Business or International Tourism Management, or a Business Management Degree at York College or other universities; or advanced/higher apprenticeships.