At College you will have weekly group tutorials and a regular schedule of one-to-one meetings with a dedicated Progress Coach. Your Progress Coach acts as a link between home and College, and all your different tutors/subjects, and will support you to be as successful as possible at College. These dedicated pastoral staff are here to help you to:
- Be informed about everything going on in College that is relevant to you
- Manage your workload and be organised
- Be supported for a learning difficulty and/or disability
- Deal with any personal difficulties that may arise during your time with us
- Plan your future, including writing references for jobs or university applications
Student Services provide impartial information, advice and guidance on a full range of services including:
- Transport to College
- Student funding
- Counselling, mental health and emotional support
- Personal practical support
- Staying safe
- Health and well-being
You can find further information on Student Services here.
York College is committed to ensuring that all students can access, participate and succeed in their learning. We work to provide an inclusive learning environment with a curriculum that ensures that the learning needs of all individuals (including those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities) are met.
Many students find that there are times when they need additional support at College. If you have a learning difficulty and/or disability, or an ESOL need and would like support, you can either let us know on your application form, self-refer at enrolment, or contact us when you are on your course. Please also let us know if you require exam access arrangements so that we can look into putting these in place.