Follow this link for York College's Student Charter and Code of Conduct.
While you are a student at York College you can expect:
- Helpful advice and guidance about which courses to study
- Information about support services available to you
- Simple and clear guidelines about what you will need to do to be successful
- Facilities and equipment to support your individual learning needs
- An induction that helps you to get to know the College, your course, key staff and other students
- Friendly, caring, well qualified and supportive staff
- Interesting and stimulating classes with a variety of learning activities
- Regular opportunities to discuss your progress
- Opportunities to express your views about the course and College
- To be treated and respected as an individual
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement we welcome your feedback.
During your time at York College we will ask if you think we have kept these promises.
We expect you to:
- Work hard
- Come to College prepared to learn
- Turn up to classes on time
- Attend all classes, but let us know in advance if you can’t
- Complete work on time and to the best of your ability
- Help us to keep the College tidy
- Take care of the College buildings, furniture and equipment
Code of Conduct
As a student of the College, you will be provided with a Student ID badge. You must carry this at all times to prove you are a student and be able to access the library services.
Being part of a safe and happy community imposes certain responsibilities upon us all, some of which are outlined in the Student Charter. However, some responsibilities involve us behaving in a positive and supportive manner to those around us. This code of conduct applies to all College buildings, grounds and organised College activities.
Academic Misconduct and Plagiarism: Your tutors will explain the ways in which you can behave which are not appropriate in an academic environment. e.g. Plagiarism where you copy other
peoples ideas without their permission. Academic misconduct if proven is gross misconduct under the College’s Disciplinary Procedures.
Disciplinary Procedures: The Blackboard course Tutorial Programmes has full details of the
incremental stages of the College Student Disciplinary Procedure. Make sure you visit the College Intranet to find Blackboard. All students are expected to meet the expectations outlined in the Student Charter and failure to do so may lead to appropriate disciplinary actions.
Attendance Monitoring: Attendance is monitored for each lesson. If you do not attend a lesson and have not notified your tutor that you will be absent, someone will ring.