Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

13th December 2017

Staff and students from the Art Foundation Diploma and 2nd year Extended Diploma Art & Design courses had a great morning painting Christmas scenes in the wards at Leeds Children’s Hospital.

LGI Group WEB

As part of their Christmas activities, art & design students were given the task of bringing Christmas cheer to the children’s wards, utilising their illustration and graphics skills. The students used chalk pens and poster paints to create a range of Christmas scenes and characters including snowmen, gingerbread men, elves and reindeer!

LGI tree WEB

LGI 2 WEB

Art Foundation student Tom Gray (formerly of King James School, Knaresborough) made the most of the experience as he wants to study Graphics and Illustration at university. He said: “Working on the windows of the children’s ward, my festive Elf went down well with the young patients and the nursing staff. I enjoyed creating something a bit different and it was a useful experience; working spontaneously, to a short timescale – very different to sitting in a studio at College and having plenty of time to consider my work. Leading up to Christmas it was a fun thing to do, and our work definitely brighten up the wards, they look really festive.”

Tom Gray LGI WEB

The art & design live Christmas project was at the request of former York College Early Years student, Megan Holmes, who recently graduated with a BA (Hons) in Educational Leadership, and who is now the Play Leader on several children’s wards at Leeds General Infirmary.

LGI 3 WEB

LGI 5 WEB

Related Link

Art & Design Extended Diploma Level 3

Art & Design Foundation Diploma Post Level 3

Current Term's News