Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

1st March 2017

During National Apprenticeship Week (6th – 10th March) York College is celebrating a fantastic range of training and career options for prospective students (of all ages) and local employers. It’s the perfect chance to become more familiar with apprenticeships, to better understand what they can offer individuals and local businesses. 

Science WEB

The theme for National Apprenticeship Week is ‘Climb the ladder of opportunity with Apprenticeships’. Throughout the week York College is hosting events to show the real benefits of apprenticeships, demonstrating what they are and how they work. There’s also a chance to get on board with good careers advice and find out about exciting employment opportunities.

Alex Young, a York College Level 2 Bricklaying Apprentice working in his family business said: “I enjoy doing the practical work and being hands-on whilst also having the opportunity to compete in bricklaying competitions. Coming into College definitely helps me when I go out to work with my Dad. In the future I’d like to go into the family business or set up a bricklaying business with my brother and be self-employed.”

Alex Young WEB

Katie Cammidge, a York College Level 3 Painting and Decorating Apprentice with Novus Property Solutions says: “I’m doing an apprenticeship as I’m earning money, I wanted to do a trade and have always enjoyed decorating at home. I’m really enjoying it at York College and will hopefully be able to stay-on with my company in the future.”

Katie Cambridge WEB

Anyone thinking about apprenticeships can come along to the York College Apprenticeship Showcase on Wednesday 8th March (6.00pm – 8.00pm), as part of the College’s Open Evening. Local employers, including York Conferences Ltd, S G Petch, Severfield, York Minster, Persimmon Homes, Pavers and MBA Engineering, Vensonn and Branded will be on hand to speak about current apprenticeship vacancies and job opportunities, offering advice and guidance on all aspects of apprenticeship training. College staff will be there too, giving hints and tips on creating a CV and making an application, as well as putting you on the right track with comprehensive careers advice.

Any employers wanting to know more about the benefits of taking on an apprentice should not miss out on one of the York College Business Breakfasts happening during National Apprenticeship Week (Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th or Friday 10th March). To book a place just contact the York College Business Development Unit on 01904 770368 or e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Find out if apprenticeships are right for you. Let York College help you climb the ladder of opportunity - choose apprenticeships!

Related Links:

Apprenticeships

National Apprenticeship Week 2017

Current Term's News