Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

18th January 2017

York College Sport & Exercise Science student, Lucy Hadaway, has continued her winning streak with athletics successes in the Northern Indoor Championships and the Home Countries Schools Multi Events International.

Lucy HadawayWEB1

Lucy recently won Gold in the long jump at the Northern Indoor Championships for the third year running and came fourth in a photo-finish hurdles race. This came just weeks after Lucy won Gold whilst representing England as part of the Over 16s Combined Events Girls Team at a competition in Ireland, having also won Gold representing England in the Home Countries long jump, jumping an enormous 6.0 metres, earlier in the year.

Having started athletics when she was just seven, Lucy, previously of Manor CofE Academy, has gone from sprinting in school sports days to competing both nationally and internationally in Heptathlon events comprising of hurdles, high jump, shot put, javelin, long jump, 200m and the gruelling 800m.

After starting her A Levels elsewhere, Lucy realised that her true passion was sport and was impressed with the diversity of the course offered at York College. Now in her first year of study, she says: “I liked what the course had to offer; being able to study modules like psychology and anatomy alongside playing sport really appealed to me. I have received great support from the tutors at York College who understand I have a busy schedule and allow me time off for competing as well as allowing me to use the physiotherapy services available at the College each week. My ambition is to study physiotherapy at university and maybe compete in the Olympics’ heptathlon in the future”.

Related Links:

Sport & Exercise Science Extended Diploma Level 3

Sport & Public Services

Current Term's News