Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

3rd August 2016

York College is delighted to announce that former York College/i2i Football Development Centre player Alfie Beestin has signed a professional contract with Doncaster Rovers Football Club.

Alfied Beestin signed to Doncaster RoversWEB

Alfie, formerly of The Co-operative Academy of Leeds, achieved a Level 2 Certificate in Sport and a Level 1 Coaching Award at York College and was studying for his Level 3 Diploma in Sport before his successful sign up to the professional game.

At College, Alfie (aged 18) will be remembered for his impressive goal scoring performance in the ECFA national cup final at Birmingham City’s St Andrews ground in May 2015 when the York College/i2i Football Development Centre narrowly missed out on the national title.

Alfie BeestinWEB

Mark Smith Head of Sport at York College: “Alfie was part of York College/i2i Football Development Centre programme which provided him with education, coaching qualifications and great footballing experiences. Everyone is thrilled to hear this news and we send him our congratulations. Alfie has a bright future ahead and we will watch his career progress with great interest. ”

Related Links

Sports Development Centre

Sport BTEC First Certificate Diploma Level 2

Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) Extended  Diploma Level 3

Current Term's News