York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

16th June 2016

York College Art & Design student Yasmin Metcalfe is over the moon to be part of a collaborative project at Tate Modern in London. Yasmin’s video about ‘Nothingness’ will be featured in What is the Future of Art as part of the opening of the new Tate Modern celebrations (17th – 19th June 2016).

Jasmin Metcalfe - Tate Modern videoWEB

Photograph: Nigel Holland

Extended Diploma Art & Design student Yasmin, aged 19, submitted her video in response to a call out from the UK gallery requesting young people aged 15 – 25 to respond to the theme of ‘future’. She said: “It’s great news - having my work included in the project at Tate Modern is a dream come true. I have also been successful in gaining a place at Goldsmiths in London to study Fine Art in September and when I begin my studies I’ll be able to visit the Tate regularly!”

Yasmin, who came to York College from Easingwold School, added: “This video explores the expectation of ‘nothing’. It’s about the relationship between the viewer and the art itself, showing how ‘nothing’ can be ‘something’ that is interacted.”

Yasmin's video; 'Confrontation with nothing'

Related Link

Art & Design Extended Diploma Level 3

Current Term's News

Need Help?