York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

14th April 2016

Well done to former A Level Law student Lorna Robertson who has been awarded a place on the Bar course and granted two scholarships, amounting to £20,000, by the Inner Temple in London. 

Lorna Robertson LAW1WEBTop
Lorna Robertson LAW1WEBBottom

On leaving York College in 2011 Lorna progressed to the University of Leicester, graduating with a 2:1  LLB (Law) degree.  She then worked for a national law firm as a conveyancer and now has ambitions to become a family law barrister.

Lorna (formerly of Fulford School) says: “I am thrilled to receive the scholarships which will enable me to study the course and pay for my living costs. During the application for this Scholarship, as always, I received great support, references and encouragement from my tutors at York College, four years after leaving!

“The skills I learnt at York College, especially in methods of remembering legal cases and deciphering questions, led me to achieve a good 2:1 degree. Whilst at university I also became a national finalist in two prestigious mooting competitions, two years running, and was the only female in the Country to reach both finals. My opportunity to practise Mock Court trials at College were the foundation of this success.

She adds: “The academic and social side of College was fantastic. I made great friends with students and teaching staff and those friendships have continued. The teaching was of a very high level with a good balance of independent study, and I had constant support and encouragement for my tutors. The learning was relaxed and fun, which made it so much easier to do well. I was treated as an adult and I know this gave me the independence and confidence to be successful in later years.”

Related Link

AS/A Level Law

Current Term's News

Need Help?