Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

8th January 2016

Aspiring football coach, 17 year old sport student Josh Waddingham, was selected to attend Loughborough University for a four-day Youth Sports Trust National Talent Camp during the Christmas holiday 2015. The National Talent Camp supports the most promising young coaches, athletes and officials, aged between 14-19 years, to develop their skills and motivate them about where their talents can take them. Josh said: “I felt honoured to be recognised by the FA  - I had the best time.”

Josh Waddingham - SportWEB

At York College Josh is studying a Level 3 Diploma in Sport and plays for the York College Football Development Centre. He is an FA Level 2 qualified coach and aspires to be a professional football coach. He works hard to develop and inspire young people in football to help them reach their potential.

Whilst at Easingwold School, aged just 15, Josh won a National FA award for Outstanding Contribution to Grass Roots Football in 2014, he was recognised as the Young Volunteer of the Year for the North Riding FA. He also coaches at All Star Football Academy and Wigginton Grasshoppers, while continuing to volunteer with the FA Skills courses.

Josh says: “My College course supports the career path I want to follow.  Playing in the College’s Football Development Centre allows me to see how other coaches work, which really helps with my development. I get great support from my tutors and I know I wouldn’t have been able to access this kind of education package if I had stayed on at school. When I complete my course I hope to go to university to study sports coaching. I want to be in a good position to get a full-time coaching job.”

Related Link

Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) Level 3 Diploma

Football Development Centre

Current Term's News