Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

15th October 2015

An exhibition showing the Personal Investigations of York College A Level Photography students is available to all in the York College Gallery during the week of 19th – 23rd October 2015.

Olive Richardson02WEB

The exhibition represents the mid-point in the second year A Level Photography students' progress through their Personal Investigations project work. Their photography can be seen as both experimental and indicative of their emerging individual practices. The imagery takes in numerous subjects and content, from explorations of the essential physical characteristics of photography, through existential investigations of routine, to quiet and subtle observations of the natural world.

Olive Richardson01WEB

Photography student Olive Richardson (formerly of Boston Spa School) has two complimenting photographs in the exhibition. She says: “I am definitely enjoying the A Level Photography course. The more I learn the more I am seeing the world in a different way. I am noticing things I hadn’t noticed before and I think my own photography style is beginning to immerge. I have been taking five photographs a day, using a simple point and shoot camera. The two images in the exhibition were taken on the same day - they sit well together, with the same shape and style. I think they are bright and interesting.”

This free exhibition is open to the general public from 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday 19th to Friday 23rd October 2015.

Related Link

Photography AS & A Level

Current Term's News