Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

5th August 2015

York College has won the ‘very large workplaces’ category in the York i-Travel Big Challenge competition, organised by Sustrans and City of York Council.

I-Travel-5-WEB

Over a six week period this summer over 21,000 journeys were logged by 976 participants in the city. York College had the highest staff participation, winning the competition’s ‘very large workplaces’ category and a £100 prize. The College has chosen to donate the cash prize to local charity, SASH.

Congratulations go to tutor Chantelle Pulleyn, who won a family ticket for the York Ghost Bus tours for logging the most bus journeys.

Andy D’Agorne, the challenge champion for York College said: “Thanks to the fantastic response we had from staff, the College jumped from 3% of staff participating last year to 13% this year, with several people inspired to try car sharing, cycling, walking or taking a bus to work for the first time. We are delighted to be able to donate our prize money to further support SASH, a worthwhile charity that helps young people in the city.”

Emma Bracegirdle from SASH thanked the College saying: ‘’Well done to all the York College staff and a huge thank you for donating the winning’s to SASH. It is so important to have the support of the local community, especially as we both work with young people.”

Although the competition is over, the i-Travel York Big Challenge website is still open for people to continue logging their journeys and there is continued information and support on the i-Travel York website. Just go to http://www.itravelyork.info. For further travel information and updates please follow @itravelyork and www.facebook.com/itravelyork 

Current Term's News