Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

6th August 2015

Former York College Performing Arts (Acting) student Izaak Cainer has returned to his home town to play the role of Peter in York Theatre Royal’s acclaimed production of The Railway Children at the National Railway Museum this summer.

Beth Lilly Rozzi Nicholson-Lailey and Izaak Cainer credit Anthony RoblingWEB

Photograph   Antony Robling

The stunning adaptation of E. Nesbit’s classic novel features the original locomotive from the film version of The Railway Children and is a unique theatrical experience. Audiences are enthralled watching Roberta, Peter and Phyllis tell the story of how they became The Railway Children.

Izaak studied Performing Arts (Acting) at York College between 2008 and 2010, progressing to the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts. His theatre credits include Pirates on Parade (Theatre Royal Brighton), Frank Sent Me (Theatre 503 and Edinburgh Fringe), 24 Hour plays (The Old Vic), The Upstanding Member (The Old Red Lion) and On The Shore of the Wide World, at York Theatre Royal.

Izaak said: “On leaving school I studied acting at York College, giving me a fantastic grounding from which to progress to drama school. I had great tutors and the course was perfect for those who were serious about going into the profession. I’m delighted to be back in York, performing in this highly successful production.”

The Railway Children runs until Saturday 5th September at the National Railway Museum in York.

Related Link

Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3

Current Term's News