Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

A Level Photography student Sam Dennis (formerly of Barlby High School) is using his photography skills to create a record of the College’s Construction Skills Centre new build project. Eighteen year old Sam is capturing the progression of the building project, featuring key aspects such as the metal frame, cranes on site, the exterior cladding and glazing.

Sam Dennis new build photographerWEB

Says Sam: “The College’s new Construction Skills Centre is an interesting subject to explore. My dream job is to be a photographer and I have enjoyed capturing this building project from start to finish on camera. My pictures form part of my A Level course work and they will appear on my online portfolio. This experience is something different - it has given me an opportunity to show a broad range of photography, from artistic to commercial shots.” 

Alongside studying A Level Photography, English and Religious Studies Sam is also taking an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) based on Photography and Religion. He intends to progress to university to study a degree in photography. 

The new York College Construction Skills Centre building project is on schedule and the purpose built facility will be open to construction students in September this year. 

Sam’s photography website: www.skinnysamsphotography.com

Related Link

Photography AS & A Level

Current Term's News