Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

BA (Hons) Graphic Design student Laura Leeder’s PANTONE calendar has won an Honour of Achievement Award at the 2015 National Calendar Awards.

BEST Laura Leeder WEB

Responding to a brief to design a promotional calendar for a specific organisation, Laura created a calendar for PANTONE, targeted at designers and acting as a source of inspiration in design studios. The colours of the month depict the colour spectrum designers often use, with each colour having an associated brand and details about the origin of the connection included. The calendar is a large wall poster, framed within sheets of acrylic to allow whiteboard use. All 365 dates have a PANTONE code and the calendar is designed in such a way that a new calendar can be sent to studios annually, enabling re-use of the existing acrylic frame.

Says Laura: “When I went to the official ceremony at the Stationers’ Hall in London, presented by Janet Street-Porter, I was so proud to pick up my National Calendar Award. I have a passion for design and I have worked hard on my degree course – winning this national award has been the icing on the cake! In the summer I enjoyed an internship at United by Design in York and I still work there every Monday. Currently I am looking for a full-time job so winning this award has given me a real boost. I have enjoyed studying my Graphic Design degree at York College, I’ve appreciated the support of the tutors and the flexibility of the projects, allowing me to explore different materials and techniques.”

Related Link

BA (Hons) Graphic Design

Current Term's News