Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

'Oh Mother Goose' performed by second year Musical Theatre students was enjoyed by over 400 local primary school children.

Web3

The show included two stories 'Moana and the Magic Stone,' an underwater adventure from the City of Atlantis to the surface, and 'Fiddle-Dee-Dee', a heart-warming story about true friendship and courage.

Web2

Each year Musical Theatre students perform two pieces for a target audience of 6 – 9 year olds. The project requires students to choose two stories, developed through improvisation, devising, scripting, choreography and directing, including composing the music and playing instruments to accompany their singing.

Web7

Holly Surtees-Smith, previously of Fulford School, dreams of attending the Guildford School of Acting and then performing on the West End stage, said: "Performing the pantomime for the children has been a brand new experience, it's been fun and a wonderful challenge. We were able to work as a team  creating the script, it was a fantastic opportunity."

Web8

In excess of 400 children came to the College's Alan Ayckbourn Theatre to see one of eight performances the students performed during the festive season. The pantomime was also supported by the Production Arts (Backstage Arts) students who designed and created beautiful scenery.

Web9

Sion Palma went to a secondary school in Spain before coming to York College, she said: "I am loving panto season and I am very grateful for the opportunities York College has given me. Training or working in the arts is not popular in Spain, studying here has opened up doors I never thought possible. I am amazed at the support and the knowledge of the tutors who have been there to guide me through many aspects of the course."

Related Links

Musical Theatre Extended Diploma Level 3

Production Arts (Backstage Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3

Media, Music & Performing Arts

Performing Arts Development Centre

Alan Ayckbourn Theatre

Current Term's News