Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

Art & Design Foundation Diploma and Extended Diploma in Art and Design students were treated to an afternoon visit from artist Lothar Goetz.  The artist spoke to all the students about their work and gave a talk about his own very high profile commissioned artwork.

LotharGoetzclassgroupWEB

Lothar is based in Berlin and London - he is represented by the London Gallery DOMOBAAL. His distinctive work is always abstract, with strong use of colour, and involves him painting directly onto the walls of buildings.

Says Lothar: “Coming to York College was a great experience. The staff were extremely welcoming, everything was well prepared and the students were such a great audience for my presentation. I sincerely enjoyed meeting and talking to all the young talent there and seeing a place where the future of Creative Britain is in the making.”

LotharGoetzWEB

Student Memory Potifa said: "His visit was inspiring. It was so exciting hearing about his work, and how he developed his ideas"

GOETZWEBwork

Student Emine Altuntas (formerly of Temple Moor High School, Leeds) said: "I enjoyed talking with Lothar about my work, the country where I was born and how I came to live in the UK. He also spoke to me about how he looks at art as someone who also comes from another country (Germany). He also spoke to me about Sunderland University where he is a Senior Lecturer in Fine Art which sounded very interesting."

EmineAltuntastalkstoLotharGoetzWEB

Steven Hemingway who teaches Fine Art on both the Foundation and Extended Diploma in Art and Design says: "To hear Lothar talk about how he works on a commission, using a team of technicians was truly inspirational. He is an artist working at the top of his game and he has developed a real niche for himself. We hope to work with Lothar again as he has agreed to come back to College in 2015 and have an exhibition with us which, will be fantastic!"

Related Links

Art & Design Foundation Diploma Post Level 3

Current Term's News