At York College it is our aim to educate and train our students, and it is important we focus on their needs.
All our services and treatments are carried out by students, under the supervision of highly qualified staff. Treatments and services may take a little longer than in a typical salon, as students may need support and guidance from their tutors. We endeavour to maintain professionalism at all times and to deliver a high level of customer service.
Provision of some services and treatments will be at the tutor’s discretion. To ensure fair access to assessment opportunities for all students, and a diverse range of clients, it is not possible for clients to requests a specific student to work on them.
Please be aware that clients will need to get a visitors parking permit from reception on arrival if they are parking at College. All clients need to report to the reception area prior to treatments commencing in compliance with health and safety guidelines.
All clients are politely requested to observe the following salon guidelines:
- In the event of a fire all clients are required to follow College evacuation procedure
- For the comfort and relaxation of yourself and other clients please switch off mobile phones
- Food is not permitted in any of the salons or treatment rooms
- Please enter treatments rooms quietly in respect of other clients who maybe enjoying a relaxing and peaceful treatment
- Treatments may be restricted if affected by contra-indications
- Children under the age of 16 are only permitted in the salons if attending for a treatment, and must be accompanied by an adult
- A skin test is required prior to a colour application, for both hair and beauty; please ask at reception for details. Equally a glue test is required for the application of artificial eyelashes. As a duty of care to our clients, it is necessary to skin test 48-72 hours before a colour/glue application. If you have a reaction you must notify the salon straight away. If it becomes very uncomfortable you must seek medical advice. A reaction can be identified by redness, the skin can become swollen, itchy and you could get a headache. If you experience any of these things, you must not have the colour applied directly to your scalp. This is the only precautionary test that we do as a college to safeguard our clients and although this test has been carried out, there is no guarantee that a reaction may not occur as a result of a colouring.
- No under-16s can have any colour application.
We endeavour to make your visit to our salon enjoyable and memorable. If you have any suggestions or comments please do not hesitate to let us know.
Inspired Contact Details
Telephone: 01904 770254