Thank you for pre-registering for a Welcome Day this July.
These days have been designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Participate in a range of fun-filled activities
- Celebrate the end of your exams and the start of summer
- Visit the campus and explore our facilities
- Chat with representatives from all curriculum areas
- Try out your commute on a College coach
- Find out about other ways you and we can enrich your time at York College.
Your Welcome Day forms part of your induction/transition to becoming a York College student and we hope you have a fantastic time.
On the Welcome Days, we have arranged for a wide range of activities to take place across the College, we encourage you to book onto five sessions that sound of interest to you. These sessions do not have to be linked with the curriculum/subject area(s) you have chosen to study with us in September. Below, you will find some further information on how best to book your sessions, a useful FAQ and transport information.
On both days, we will have a Learning Festival taking place between 9.00am and 4.00pm. The Learning Festival is your opportunity to explore all we have on offer at York College. This will take place in the main College Atrium and Your Experience Hub. All Curriculum Teams across the College have come together along with the Your Experience Team to give an overview (festival style) of all the provision and support services we have at College to give you a better understanding of what we offer.
On arrival you will be given a breakfast, which will include fruit, pastries, hot chocolate and juice.
Throughout the day, Café 1827 will be serving light snacks alongside a street food stand (12.45pm-1.45pm) who will have a special offer of one main meal and drink for £5. Outside the College, we will have an ice cream van stopping by between 11.00am – 2.00pm, they will have ice cream available for £1.50. We also welcome students bringing in their own food to eat, we have plenty of seating inside and out for you to use, alternatively, Tesco is located across the road from the College which has a large selection of food and drink available to purchase.
Use the link sent to you via email, please note, you only need to book sessions and attend one Welcome Day date. If you change your mind about a session/activity, please cancel your place so another student is able to make their selection (see FAQ below on how to cancel a booking).
Before you start, we recommend you take a look at all sessions available, write down your selection and the time slots available, write out your timetable for the day and then begin booking your sessions. Please make a note of the sessions and times you have booked on to attend, you will then be sent an email confirmation from Microsoft Forms (please note that these emails could end up in your 'junk' folder). We will not be issuing individual timetables on the day, so please bring this information with you.
How to book onto a Welcome Day activity using Microsoft Bookings
Booking onto an activity session
- Click on the Microsoft Forms booking link that has been sent to you via email
- Have a look at all the activities we are offering, you will need to scroll down and select Show More Services to see the full list
- Choose up to five sessions, make sure you book one session per time slot and do not double book (you can only attend one activity per slot, double booking means you can’t attend all your sessions and stops others being able to book them)
- Click on the first session you would like to attend, scroll to the very bottom of the bookings page. On the calendar click on the date of the Welcome Day you are attending (5th July or 6th July)
- Select the time you would like to attend the session, remember only book one session per time slot!
- Add your details. Make sure you include an email address that you have access to because your booking confirmations will be sent to that address
- Add the mobile number for the phone you will bringing to college on the day, add the country code (UK +44) and make sure you opt in by ticking I want to receive text message notifications. This is so that we can send you a text reminder about when and where your next session will take place throughout the day
- Let us know if there is any support needs you require for the session by filling out the box under your information
- Click Book at the bottom of the page
- Select 'New Booking' and then repeat the above process for each activity making sure you select a different time for each one otherwise you won’t be able to attend them all.
Q. How do I know that I have booked onto an activity session?
You will receive an email confirmation for each of the bookings you make confirming the activity, time and room.
Q. I’ve changed my mind about the activity I want to do, how do I change it?
- Open your email booking confirmation for the activity you want to change
- Select manage booking at the bottom of the email
- Select cancel booking
- You will now have the option to book onto another activity (remember to book into your empty time slot and fill out your information again including opting into texts).
Q. I’ve booked activities in the same time slot, what do I do?
- Open your email booking confirmation for the activity you want to change the time for
- Select manage my booking at the bottom of the email
- Select Reschedule and select a new time where you do not have an activity booked
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Update Booking.
Q. The activity I want to book onto doesn’t have any times left, what do I do?
This means that the activity is currently fully booked. Don’t worry though just pop by to us on the day and we can see if a place has become available, if not we will help you find a different activity.
Q. I can no longer attend the Welcome Day, do I need to let you know?
Yes, please let us know if you can no longer attend so that we can offer the activity sessions you have booked to somebody else. You can either cancel the activity sessions yourself from your booking confirmation emails or you can email us at email@example.com with each activity you had booked and the time of each activity, we can then cancel them for you.
Q. I am struggling to work Microsoft Bookings
You can call us on 01904 770397 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.
On the day we will have College buses running to and from College, this service will be free for you to use. Following the link below, you will be able to view the routes and stops covered by our College buses. We will be emailing you nearer the time with full instructions on using the bus to travel to College.