York College

York College Your Next Steps webpage banner

York College HE Accomodation Web banner

Discover the Accomodation options we offer to HE students at York College.

When most students think of ‘student accommodation’ they think of halls of residence or living in a shared student house. At York College we do things a little differently. Although we do have the details of some private student accommodation providers, we also have a list of local landlords and letting agents that we can provide you with on request. In these kinds of living arrangements, students have a private room but share most other facilities with the other students living in the house, including the living room, kitchen and sometimes bathroom. Students have shared responsibility for the property and any problems or defects can be discussed with the owner or estate agent. It is advisable to visit York to view available properties beforehand and reach an agreement on terms of the tenancy with the landlord. You should also ask the landlord or agent about the application process, because there is no standard procedure and it can vary.

To receive the list of letting agencies in York who are known to have properties available for students, or for more information on accommodation, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Need Help?