The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) panel awarded York College with a Silver quality standard for Higher Education provision.
The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) panel awarded York College with a Silver quality standard for its Higher Education provision.
Introduced by the Government this academic year, the TEF recognises and encourages excellent teaching by monitoring and assessing the quality of teaching in England's universities. The TEF is intended to help students choose where to study, by providing clear information about teaching provision and student outcomes. The Framework provides students with the information they need to judge teaching quality and aims to ensure all students recieve an excellent teaching experience, preparing them for the world of work. It also recognises institutions that do the most to welcome students from a range of backgrounds and support their retention and progression.
The TEF Panel reviewed York College according to the process and criteria specified in the TEF guidance, finding that:
- Students often achieve excellent outcomes
- Very high proportions of students continue with their studies
The panel's award of a Silver quality standard also reflected particular evidence of:
- Strategic engagement with employers who actively contribute to curriculum development and vocational courses that demonstrably enhance student's employability
- Appropriate contact hours and personalised learning that provide high levels of engagement and commitment to learning and study from students
- An institutional culture that facilitates, recognises and rewards excellent teaching through the creation of Professional Learning Communities
- An institutional approach to developing physical and digital resouces, which are highly valued by students to aid and enhance learning and develop study and research skills