Sales Related Occupations N.e.c.
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of sales occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 712: Sales Related Occupations.
- Assesses characteristics of goods/services being sold and decides on main selling points
- Advises clients and agents on insurance related problems, seeks new outlets for business and quotes premiums, bonus rates, tax concessions, etc.
- Obtains orders for advertising, financial, catering, printing and transportation services
- Organises parties in private households to sell clothing, fashion accessories, giftware and other goods
- Provides demonstrations of a product within retail stores, exhibitions and trade fairs to promote interest amongst potential customers
- Negotiates agreements for the passage of supply lines over or under land/property and the siting of supporting structures and other items.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses covering practical skills and details of the product or service being sold. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £24,000 per annum and can progress up to £31,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 10,331 employed Sales Related Occupations N.e.c. in the region.