Collector Salespersons & Credit Agents
Collector salespersons and credit agents visit private households to obtain orders and collect payments for goods and services.
- Calls on household, explains purpose of call and displays or describes goods/services on offer
- Emphasises main selling point of goods/services to stimulate customer interest
- Quotes prices and terms, collects any payments and completes hire purchase or credit arrangements
- Distributes advertising literature and sample goods
- Makes follow-up calls to obtain further orders.
No academic qualifications are required. Training is provided on-the-job and may be supplemented by specialist short courses provided by employers.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £21,000 per annum and can progress up to £22,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 2,676 employed Collector Salespersons & Credit Agents in the region.